PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh Aficio 1232 Delivery Server Problem

mutallib
06-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi all,
I was looking for such a forum, and lucky I am here.
OK, we have a Ricoh Aficio 1232 with scanner & Printer modules. The issue is that we cannot connect to any machine/PC to deliver the scanned documents. We have dedicated a PC as a scan server or as ricoh says "Delivery Server" to put the scanned docs to that server. It connects well and everything is fine except for uploading the scanned files from the copier to the server. It says Delivery Server not available.

And our Ricoh dealer is also not supporting very well.

Please guide to to setup a configuration.

Thank You.

TheDude
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
You need to install and configure the ScanRouter Lite software on the workstation/server (it's a free download from Ricoh's website).
The word 'delivery server' is only used in the context of general I.T terminology.

But I would phone up and have ago at your Ricoh dealer if they can't help you more
because they should know all about setting up the various methods of scanning.

Scan via ScanRouter
Scan via SMB
Scan via FTP
Scan via SMTP
TWAIN

------------------------------------------------------------

'The best way of fixing a problem is to understand how everything is actually meant to work in the first place'.

This message was edited by TheDude on 6-6-06 @ 12:06 PM

mutallib
06-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi Dude,

Wehave tried everthing means that we have used scanroute lite v2 and also configured static IPs .i.e on the server configured the scanner, and on the scanner we have added the delivery server's IP. we can scan from the server, printing is fine. It can also send emails. But for archiving purpose, its not good to send all archived documents through email; So we need to connect to the server to archive the documents directly.
And the Ricoh technicians have also tried everything possible, that we could (what ever they knew!!)

So I want know that is there any bug in this version of copiers.

Thanks.

TheDude
06-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Nope there is nothing wrong with this model where scanning is concerned.
You/they must be missing something in the configuration.

The MFP will automatically pickup the delivery server I.P address (if the option is enabled on the MFP) when its added to the I/O devices list in scanrouter.

'The best way of fixing a problem is to understand how everything is actually meant to work in the first place'.

ITGuy
06-06-2006, 06:59 PM
What is the OS on the server. If it is Windows XP or Windows 2003 i'm guessing that the Windows firewall is on (or any firewall sofware as far as that goes), which is what is causing the problem. If there is a firewall on, turn it off, and then check, also were you successfull at "adding and I/O device" from within the scan router lite software?

ToshibaGURU
06-06-2006, 07:53 PM
I just want to throw in my two cents. I work on Toshiba's, mostly, and if I had that problem on one of my boxes it would most likely be because I failed to give my box administrative rights on the network. Gonna write a file to the server, gotta have permission. Never connected a Ricoh before, so forgive me if I am saying something naive.

We dance around a circle and suppose, but the secret sits in the middle and knows

TheDude
06-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Additional note ScanRouter uses TCPIP port 3670.

mutallib
06-07-2006, 06:28 PM
We have windows XP pro, without firewall enabled.

We even tried to connect directly with a winodws 2003 machine also but was unsuccessfull.

I will try to open the port also, just in case.

greycollarwrkr
07-09-2006, 08:28 PM
If you're still on the hunt for the solution: Have you enabled the delivery option under "User Tools / System Settings / File Transfer?" Somebody alluded to the setting earlier, but didn't say where it was. You may have to toggle between email and scan router, as I don't think both can function simultaneously. Maybe this box supports both together; they always change the rules as they go along.

kallen
07-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I deal with this problem all the time. It sounds like you have a firewall issue. Make sure that exceptions are allowed on your firewll on the delivery server for TCP Ports 3670,131 and 165. Also check for any McAfee or Norton firewall programs that could be running and allow these exceptions on them as well.
You may want to open the ScanRouter Administration utility and look for the message ""Services in Operation"in the lower left corner. If it says "Services Suspended" go to the Server dropdown menu, click "Resume Services". The services will either resume or will tell ou why they cant be resumed. Also check in your Windows Services admin utility , it should show an entry for DDS scheduler, make sure this service is set to start automatically, and that it is currently running and hasnt been stopped for some reason. Also, do you know if the program was installed as a service or as a start up program or was it set in a manual start mode. This could be key to figuring whats going on

cbrmick
07-10-2006, 08:35 PM
you also need the os system to have a p*ssword for scanrouter to work and to be long on as a administrator