PDA

View Full Version : IR-3300 - E000733-0001 code

mbsproducts
02-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Need help , have a Canon IR-3300 with the code E000733-001, don't really know what it could be. Can someone help.

Thanks
Rad

Brian8506
02-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Do any of the values in service mode exist? I've had that and it was the DC controller. A small component burned out but that was a while ago and don't remember which one but I changed the DC controller and done.

ben-copier
02-24-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.yecmkt.com/files/Commom_Code_Canon_iR.pdf

TimeMan1691
03-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Product : imageRUNNER 2200 / 2800 / 3300, imageRUNNER 3300i
Title : E733 Error Code

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error :
E733 Error Code

Workaround :
If the Main controller and the DC Controller have been replaced and the E733 is still present, replace the Switching Regulator PCB Assembly (FH3-2613-020). The Service Manual and the General Circuit Diagram refer to the Switching Regulator as being the "Main Power Supply PCB". This item is found on Page 107-1, item #8, in the Parts Catalog.

TimeMan1691
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Product : imageRUNNER 2200 / 2800 / 3300/ 3300i
Title : "Power off, then on" message, followed by an E733 error code.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem :
At set-up, when starting the machine for first time, a message appears on the display indicating to "power off, then power on" the machine. When you check the error history an E733 will be logged for each time the message appeared in the display.

Solution :

For the imageRUNNER 3300i, the I/O address MN-CON P003 Bit 3{ PSCNST Signal } will be changed from a high {1} to a low {0} when the Reader is attached. The first time the message appears to "power off, then on" is when the machine tries to change I/O address from a 1 to a 0. If the machine was unable to change the bit setting, the message will continue to appear. You can check the setting in service mode / copier / I/O /MC-CON to check that address P003 bit 3 was changed to a low {0} when the reader is attached.

The cable between the Reader and the machine is not allowing communication. Try powering the machine off and reseating or replacing the cable.

TimeMan1691
03-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Product : imageRUNNER 2200 / 2800 / 3300
Title : E733

Error :
E733 and machine would lock up with progress bar at 98% on boot up.

Workaround :
Solution was to replace the DC Controller, Main Controller and Boot Rom as a set, even though all of these had been replaced individually. In this particular case one of these components was taking out the others.

TimeMan1691
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Intermittent E733, E000, E002, E003, E261 and Other Various Error Codes Due to AC Lin

If you need to replace the Switching Regulator PCB and only have a -000 version, it is OK to use the PCB on a customer’s machine that does not have a noisy line.

OK, How do we know which customers have a noisy line and who does not? Do we just randomly start taking power supplies out of customers working machines and exchanging them with the customers who are having problems? What happens to the customer who had a newer power supply and no problems, and we swap it with a old one and they start having problems.

Why dosen't Canon just fix the problem?

==============================================

[05/10/04] Canon Technical Publication TP04 071a for the imageRUNNER2200/2800/3300/3300i/2220i/3320i/2220N/3320N/2200G/2800G/3300G/3320G is now available!

Canon U.S.A. Inc. will terminate this program on January 1, 2004. Any Switching Regulator sent in after that date will incur the standard repair charge from the A.P.R.F.

Is there a problem with these dates, the exchange expired befor the release of the tech pub.

Last edited by Jim73601 : 08-09-2005 at 11:14 AM.

Jim73601
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jim73601

05-11-2004, 09:49 AM #2
Bill R
Canon Technical Support Center

This is a little confusing and I am trying to sort it out, so please be patient with me...

Your attachment appears to be one of our e: notifications. If it has been unaltered, it seems to be incorrect. It references tech pub TP04 071a and informs about the switching regulator. But tech pub TP04 071a is actually about the new fixing film. The publication about the switching regulator is TP03 017b.pdf. This publication was released 5-2-03, several months before the termination of the program (dated, as you stated, January 1, 2004).

Please let me know if you cut and pasted the e: notification directly into the forum. I will check on our end to see if the e: notification had an error.

I hope this helps clear things up some.

Please let me know.

Bill R
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Bill R

05-11-2004, 09:57 AM #3
Bill R

There is another version of the switching regulator publication. It is TP03 017c.pdf. This publication was released in March, 2004. It too informs about the end of the program in January, so I can see how it seems as though it was written after the program ended. But the publication, although written in March, is simply a continuation (containing some new info.) of the old publication, written in 2003.

Confusing, right??

Again, I hope this helps.

Bill

Bill R
View Public Profile

05-11-2004, 10:48 AM #4
Jim73601
Senior Forum Contributor

But why does Canon not use descriptive names in their pubs, TP03 017c IR2200 Switching Regulator.pdf would be easier to find than TP03 017c.pdf. When I dl tech pubs I put them in respective folders ie. Ir2200, Ir5000, etc. but when you want to search for a specific problem I have 63 items just under IR2200. Do you have a descriptive / serchable format we can download. I tried the knowledge base, but it's search engine is lacking greatly.

Back to the original question, OK, How do we know which customers have a noisy line and who does not? Do we just randomly start taking power supplies out of customers working machines and exchanging them with the customers who are having problems? What happens to the customer who had a newer power supply and no problems, and we swap it with a old one and they start having problems?

Thanks for your response.

Jim

Jim73601
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jim73601

05-11-2004, 12:55 PM #5
Bill R

Many good questions…let me try to tackle each one:

Regarding the names of technical publications, we have tried to employ a system that meets our, and your, needs as well as possible. A lot of time and thought went into this very topic. The diversity of our products and the information we must share complicates this a great deal. Trying to find a naming convention that works well for all of our products, accessories, hardware needs and software needs wasn’t easy. There is a method to the system (TP = Tech. Pub., 03 = year, 017 = 17th publication in the calendar year, C = Latest version of the pub. (ie: A, B, C and so on)). We provide a document in the “Download Center” called the “Master Technical Documentation Index” under the category “Document Listings” in the center of the page. If you haven’t seen this already, check it out. It may help you keep track of the documentation better.

As far as determining whether there is a line noise problem, you can only be certain of noise on the line if you connect a line monitor to the outlet. Since this is an expensive device that many dealers do not have, you may have to make a deduction based on the problems the copier is having. The technical publication in question (TP03 017C.pdf) outlines the symptoms that you should look for. It also makes a suggestion…it states on page 3 that we recommend, “on the next service call on all imageRUNNER 2200 series machines, generate a copy of the History Print. This will enable you to see if that customer has been encountering any of these error codes intermittently and has not placed a service call yet. This will give you the opportunity to replace the switching regulator PCB on a more proactive basis”. I would also suggest checking with the customer to try to determine if the outlet is a dedicated outlet. The error codes, the error codes in history, the presence or lack of a dedicated outlet and the revision number on the label on the regulator should all paint a fairly accurate picture of whether you have line noise or not (other factors that may help you determine are such items as the type of customer it is…do they run heavy equipment, are several devices plugged into the same outlet, does the problem occur at a certain time of the day when some other equipment turns on…etc.).

As far as switching the regulator from a location that has a problem with one at a location where they do not, that is your call Jim. I fully understand your reluctance to do this because you don’t want to adversely affect a customer who isn’t having a problem. But I think that will, in the end, have to be a strategy that your dealership will have to work out. Please remember, however, that the tech. pub. specifically states that this problem occurs on a “small percentage of the equipment population”.

I hope some of this information helps you out!

Thanks,

Bill

Bill R
View Public Profile

05-11-2004, 01:32 PM #6
dpodesta
Senior Forum Contributor

Your best bet for changing out these boards is to get one from your repair center, It would be very hard to explain to a customer that you are removing a power supply from their working machine with good power to put in another customer's machine with bad power. Even though the power supply coming from the bad power may still be good, in their eyes it is defective.

dpodesta
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by dpodesta

05-11-2004, 03:20 PM #7
Jim73601
Senior Forum Contributor

"It also make

yaniakis
07-02-2014, 05:55 AM
i have canon copier ir3225 it has an error code E000733-000 i replaced the DC controler and main controler,but the problem still exist..need help!

raima55
10-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Is it an OEM unit? Some of the compatibles aren't very good. Vacuum out dv unit and put in fresh toner? Any chance you could post a sample? Copy quality problems are usually pretty simple on that model unless you have a bad hvt board