PDA

View Full Version : IR 2016-2020 jams problems

seb
09-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Almost all of our IR2016-2020 are doing frequent jams on the left side of the unit ( exit of cassettes ). However, most of the time, there is no paper present. It seem to me that the paper guide behind the left door does not activate correctly the little flag sensor arm in the back side. I have tried sanding it slightly with no. 600 paper grit and than applying some light oil as a lubricant. It help but doesn't seem to fix it at 100%. Anyone have seen this and find better approach ?

seb
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I forget to add that on this serie of copiers I also have an other problem that cause jams. The bypass lifter plate fail to lift almost half of the time and this cause jam because there is no pickup. I have three machines actually doing this and two are brand new and the third one recently got a new door ***'y ( which include all the mechanics of the bypass lifter ).

Any help will be appreciated,
Séb

ruben
10-04-2007, 08:04 PM
repalce the exit senzor. There is the problem. Ruben.

ruben

seb
10-04-2007, 08:50 PM
For which of my problems are you refering ? Does it fix the jam from the bypass OR from the cassette ? My jam code is mainly 0104. Also what is the part number ?

Thanks,
Séb

ayeily
10-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I also has this problem, but at my case, the paper jamed at the drum, when making the 2 side copy, the paper go into the drum and stuck on there, may be the charge roller or drum damage, I try another drum cartridge and its seem okie. anyone have solution?

canongeelong
10-22-2007, 09:24 PM
canon has a mod for this fault 0104 jams incrorrect paper size detection you change 2 gears pm me your email

panalkar
11-03-2007, 08:47 PM
canongeelong,can you give part numbers for those gears,if you dont mind? Or can you send me that mod.

CaonoTech
11-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi,

This seems to be a common problem for the Canon ir20xx series machines. The problem is having machine indicating paper jams on the left hand side of the machine. When you open the left cover you do sometimes find paper stuck on entering the fuser unit. The main problem, and i have fixed loads of these machines with these problems are the half moon pickup rollers! Clean the pickup rollers or even better, replace them and you will get the machine working 100%!! To confirm this try copying from the machine using the manual feed tray. You will never get a paper jam. This fault is due to incorrect pickup resulting in timing problem and thus getting paper jams! Good luck!

avalon
11-04-2007, 08:02 PM
FC6-4389-000 gear 33/50T
FU6-0776-030 gear 29T
These are the 2 mod gears for the pickup assy,they need to be changed as a set.

seb
11-20-2007, 07:07 PM
I really don't think the problem comes from the half-moon pickup because most of my machines are almost new with less than 40K on them. Some have only 2-6000 copies and are jamming like crazy ! I am still waiting for the gears since almost 6 weeks now. That is ridiculous. I hope theses new gears will solve my problem. I will certain not take any chance and will replace the half-moon pickup at the same time.

Séb

erdalosmanoglu
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
hi...although i cant know english very well ,i want to help you... at first. you must clean the regist.roller with SOLVENT then put some adhesive rubber on middle of the cover that is on the regist.roller thats all... i hope you can understand my explanation. :)

selkom1
12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
after 15k copies it starts to jam paper. when you open left side of copier you must open black plastic and clean rubbers.

panalkar
12-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks avelon, for part no's

seb
12-17-2007, 07:25 PM
I have replace the two gear and I still got frequent jamming problem. Jam codes are 0104 and 0214.

Now, I will try more things on it ( the machine is in our shop ) and will post if I find a solution. Don't hesitate to give me any more idea on this jam problem.

Séb

groovy
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
i have had a problem like this with 1 machine,if you strip the covers on the left side you will see that sometimes when the door above the main printer cover is opened and closed that the sensor arm does not sit right into the sensor.if this is your prob then push against door as the copier is operating and you will find that the machine wont jam until you release the pressure. a bit of a magiver should sort you out.

seb
12-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Groovy, I know this problem also. We had this on other machine. Usually we need to slightly sand ( 600 grit paper ) the black deflector and add a lubricant on the arm that activate the sensor. When you open the left lower door and manually activate the black deflector you can sometimes feel it.

However, this one is ok for this and the paper pickup do a full rotation but the paper don't really move. I will now try to install 4 pickup roller on the shaft instead of two and will try to install an other type of half moon pickup.

Séb