Thread: iR 6570, E840, error code.

Hello everyone,

Has anybody come across this code & solved? Error code is E840 and sub code is 0001. I have changed upper Fixing Assembly & cleared error. But still there is error code.

Also what you do for 0117 jam code?

In case, anyone has video clipping for changing upper fixing roller(how to set home position for shutter), can you send it to me.

Thanks in advance for your time & guidance.

Just to update you all.

Machine is pulled out to workshop. Same E 840 code is showing again.Changed full new fix/feeding unit,D power supply,IHS Power supply,checked signal continuity from shutter HP sensor to DC Controller, Checked supply to sensor.Is it a good idea to check the signal? Someone told me it's not.If it's yes,how can I check it with multimeter?

Any ideas?

Error :
    E840-0001

Workaround :
    Because of the structure of the fixing upper unit, it is possible that the metal plate, to which the shutter HP sensor (PS53) is attached, is pushed upward by the hand and deformed when the unit is removed from the machine. If this plate is deformed, E840-0001 will be displayed. Therefore, be sure not to deform it when removing the fixing upper unit.

Sorry for the delay in posting solution.
    This problem got solved by changing harness going from shutter H.P. sensor & sensor as well. Thank you all for your replies.