Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mita DC-1470:Developer change Help!

if you have not ordered the items to do this then dont. order the process unit (#19582010) and just change it out. upon truning the unit back on it will set itsself up.

good luck

Hello,

I'm about to change the drum,blade and developer on a DC-1470 as this machine has over 40k on them and is suffering from faded copies.

Problem is I've never done a dev change on this particular model.

Could someone please give me a detailed description of dissasembly of dev unit to change the developer and also to enter service mode to calibrate/stir the unit.

Thank-you much appreciated!!!

Thanks Tom

Idiot board lost my Karma and I had to reregister! Rats!

Go ahead and change the developer, drum, and blade; nothing to it!

if i were you snorth, i would do as PT said.

That's the expensive way. It only takes about 30-45 minutes to change the drum, blade, cleaning seal, and dev. & is a lot cheaper, especialy if you use aftermarket. After dev. is replaced, turn off copier, hold down print & stop button and turn back on. Quickly hit the reset button, it will go into service mode. Enter code 60, press print & let it run it's cycle and your done.

hey KJ, how does someone like me get ahold of you if i think you could help me out sometime. i don't know if you remember me by name but i was the one who told you i was going to root for green bay in playoffs. of course, we all know that did no good. seems we work on alot of same equip. copystar/mitas, nakajima/swintec tw's and maybe more. i've got my private messaging enabled if you care to respond. take care.

raym

Yeah, if you don't mind paying 300 hundred for a cartridge as opposed to less that 100 for the parts.

yeah tom, i suppose you're right. they are expensive. i've never did that because i always thought there was a pica fuse or something of the sort that was on dev or drum unit and you needed that to reset drum indication. if i'm wrong, please correct me and if there is a procedure to reset drum indicator, i'd like to know. another reason i always replaced units is because i've had 3 or 4 dev rollers go bad on me b4 30k. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

ray

OEM Drum, Blade, and Developer total roughly $75.00~$80.00 (third party wholesaler) plus another 20-40 minutes of your time!
    1. Set Sim 98 to 1 for "Service Maintenance!"
    2. Empty old developer, vaccum/clean developer unit.
    3. Pour in fresh bottle of developer.
    4. Run Simulation 60 to set developer and toner control level (about 2-minutes).
    5. Clean/change corona wires & complete PM.

There ya are!