PDA

View Full Version : BizHub di3510f -- network settings won't save

rgov
08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
I recently decided to connect the BizHub di3510f copier to our LAN. The setting to change the IP is one that requires the machine to be turned off than back on.

The settings won't save. It seems like I have ran into this before with the BizHub. I know it's something simple, yet have not figured it out.

Scenario:
1. After changing the network settings and pressing ENTER, I get the dialogue that says you have to turn the machine off, then back on.

2. I turn the machine off, wait 5 seconds, and turn it back on.

3. It takes me back to the IP settings screen with the option to CANCEL or ENTER the setting. If I choose CANCEL the settings are not saved. If I choose ENTER, it takes me back to the dialgue that states I should turn the machine off, then back on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The LAN connection is up using ethernet working at 100Mbs. I am trying to obtain an IP through DHCP. The DHCP server works for other devices connected to the network just fine.

nmfaxman3
08-29-2006, 08:57 PM
It sounds like you are turning off the sub-power switch. You need to turn off the main switch.
Make it simple. Make your changes and then unplug the machine from the wall outlet.

rgov
09-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks, that solved it. LOL, didn't even have to unplug the power cord.