PDA

View Full Version : Here's a heads-up on Konica 7033 + 7040's.

Michael
11-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah, had that happen a month or so back, did the same thing ... actually loked like it had overheated and some of the insulating varnish on the armature of the motor (or whatever it is) melted into areas it shouldn't have been, I took the motor apart and power wire brushed the armature with my trusty Dremel and put it back together after blowing it out at the shop. I have yet to try it out though. The Df-311 doc feeder and the df that fits the 2230/2330 has the same motor, but not sure of the pin-out ...

Good tip though !!!!! Mike

DelawareJim
11-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Symptom is jamming at exit...after fuser but before the exit rollers. Pull the exit section down and the paper will be laying there. It starts out as being intermittent and then gets progressively worse.
Problem is caused by the exit motor. This is the motor that drives the exit section. To get to it, take the rear cover off of the copier and it sits just behind the exit section. Inch and a half square in size with a 6 pin wire harness and connector. 2 screws secure it from the inside of the copier (pull down the exit section and take the odd shaped black plastic cover (2 screws) that is sitting at the rear of the exit section frame of the copier). Entire replacement time should take about 10 minutes. . The shaft of the motor becomes very difficult to turn. Take the motor apart (4 screws), pull the armature from the rotor (easily done by hand) and wire brush the metallic filings off of the magnetic part. Put it back together and you'll buy a little time till you can get back with a new one. PART # 12VR80020.
We've seen it about a half dozen times with machines in the 1 to 2 million range however, just had one with 425 K on it go bad.

servando
12-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey thanks for the tip

Sam