PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 420 blue screen

mincopier
08-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Before it get's too bad try reloading the firmware again just to see what happens. May also want to get the NVRAM replaced.

Copierdave
08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
This particular Bizhub 420 has been somewhat of a problem machine. We thought we had it fixed about 30 days ago but it appears the gremlin may be back.
Customer reports that in the last week this has happened 4 times.
When scanning (SMB to a PC folder), the machine freezes up, stops scanning and the display goes blue. Then a few seconds later the machine shuts off – restarts and then (like when it normally turns on) the display comes back and the machine operates normally.
This recurring problem has me spooked because about 30 days ago, the customer started to complain of similar symptoms. Then the machine finally went into permanent blue screen. You could not reload firmware or anything. We ended up replacing the System Control Board (part# 56AA9303R) – per SSD’s recommendation. This seamed to fix the problem. After replacing the System control board we could re-load firmware. But now “Its back…”
Hopefully someone out there has some ideas so that I can be proactive before the machine cr*ps out again!

Copierdave
08-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Granted, it was before this last case of intermitent blue screen, but the firmware has been updated to level 31 and the NVRAM board was also replaced.
But for good measure, do you recomend re-installing the firmware again?

digitechnc
08-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I would reload firmware again. Also check the customer's power. We have seen several bh420/500 do similar things because of poor power. Even though you have replaced the NVRAM we had one 420 that we had to replace it 3 times to get a good one.