PDA

View Full Version : Di250 Paper jam at Exit Roll/ No drive

teshnic
08-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Di250 Paper jam at Exit Roll/ No drive to exit roll.

I had this on a couple of units & replaced the IU to correct it ( something to do with the drum flap not opening all the way) but no luck on this unit. The fuser is being driven. Gears ok, ect.

Paper makes it all the way to exit roll, which isn't turning.

Anyone seen this? Thanks

mincopier
08-16-2007, 09:38 PM
If you have a duplex unit installed the motor may not be turning. They exit sensor instructs the motor to turn the exit rollers. The sensor could be bad, actuator broke, or a bad duplex drive motor.

Tom
08-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Most probably the exit sensor that sits over the heat roller, seen them go bad a few times.

Copierdave
08-17-2007, 08:05 PM
To quickly troubleshoot if the problem is within a duplex unit, temporarly removed the duplexer and see if it still jams.

Downunder
08-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Tom is probably right. The exit sensor is probably cooked. Common fault.

teshnic
08-18-2007, 09:28 PM
PS:
I thought about the exit sensor (visually mounted & looked ok) so changed the fuser assembly out just to check.
Same jam. No Changes.

I also checked all the gears by rotating the Main motor by hand. Checks oK.

Copierdave
08-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Does the machine have a duplex unit installed?
If it does, humor me, remove the duplexer. Takes maybe 2 - 3 minutes to remove duplexer (two screws - a another screw to remove connector door to get at the electrical connector - remove electrical connector).
Does it jam with the duplexer removed? Yes? - No?

teshnic
08-19-2007, 09:17 PM
The fuser I checked it with also had a bad exit photosensor. So Yes, It was the photosensor.

Thanks to all for the input.

teshnic
08-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey dave, just to humor you..
lol I did pull the duplex off while trblshooting today. One thing I noted. The duplex is driven by the copier. Not vise versa.

But with the duplexer off you can more easily see all the fuser gears driving through that panel knockout.!!

bye

Copierdave
08-19-2007, 09:57 PM
I guess I posted before at the same time you did and you had all ready fixed it, Congratulations.
As minicopier pointed out, problems in the duplex unit will create the exact symptons you are having (even only when making simplex copies). As it turned out, it was completely non-duplexer related.
I like to troubleshoot by the process of elimination and by removing the duplexer and making simplex copies, you can quickly determine if you can eliminate the duplexer.