PDA

View Full Version : Konica 1015 error F-28

Chickenlegs
09-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi I have a old Konica that has error F-28. (corona wire) - Can I clean or do i need to replace?
Customer only uses it once in a while and they want to keep this machine. Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help..

DaveMcKay
09-06-2007, 09:11 PM
In my opinion, and you'll hear a lot of nays on this, cleaning is better than replacing. I should say scouring is better than replacing. If you take a little square of Skotchbrite green pad, pinch it around the corona wire, lubricated with a drop of 99 proof isopropyl, with a needlenose or hemostat, fairly firmly, increasing the pressure as you pass it back and forth (in two different angles), along the full length of the corona.....and do this a coupla times a year...and do this with all copiers, digital..analog, big...little, then, you may never have to replace another wire, terminal block, or t/s unit (same for main charge too)....AGAIN, EVER. Also, mop out the reflector pan, below the wires, with a cotton ball dampened with an ammonia solution. Remove, never put on, or replace, any wire-cleaning/ replacement rigs that come with PM kits. Like I said, you'll get some opposing opinions on this philosophy. I used to keep a lot of terminal blocks in stock. It's a complete waste of time and money. Been doin' these procedures for years now and drum wraps, arcing codes are things I never see, and in all ranges of environmental conditions, all kinds of copiers, big/little, digital/analog. Before you get the hang/feel of doing the scouring, might wanna be sure you've got some spare coronas in the kit. In the rare instance that you break a corona while scouring, and you have to string a new one, make sure you scour the new one too. Also, I think it's important to keep the t/s transfer guide (usually spring loaded ramps that lead the paper to drum contact) static-free, polishing with silicone or Brillianize.

energy independence

This message was edited by DaveMcKay on 9-7-07 @ 3:54 PM

yoman
09-14-2007, 09:11 PM
THIS IS THE yoman
I AGREE WITH DAVE, But you should look at the rear block to make sure there is no ionization on the contact between the block and the power supply connection.A carbon track will act as a dead short causing the code.

Andyk
09-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I also agree with the other responders, just clean the wire with solvent etc and then re-use it. As Dave said the only time you need to change it is when it breaks.

I'm not sure but I think the corona wires are made of gold. At least I think some copier models were using gold wires.

Andyk