PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 1050 Background and poor fill

kwkoeb
11-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Hello all,

My problem is not full page background but more like shading and only on the bottom or front part of the copy and it moves with each copy. I have on previous occasion replaced the drum and developer and this resolved it but after a while maybe 100 k copies it comes back....something else has got to be happening. Almost looks like a drum bias issue If needed I can email a sample or describe better. Also the poor fill occurs every now and again I have followed KM guidelines to resolve but it happens again and again. Any help would be great!! Thanks fellow Techs and Guru's!

jd330
11-07-2007, 07:06 PM
As said before don't overlook replacing the Dev unit if there are allot of copies on it. I just addressed this issue at a print shop yesterday. And most often this fixes it. Replace the charge wires and grid and do the drum calibration. When you do the LD1 and LD2 offset look for streaks of dark areas. The test patern should be fairly even across the page. If you see streaks then go to the high voltage adjust and do the AUTO High Voltage adjustment. Then return to the drum peculiarity adjustment and do it all over again. Watch to see if the streaks are gone. If so you are good to go.

DaveMcKay
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
What about the developer unit? How old is it?

energy independence

rabbit
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Sir try to perform the drum peculiarity adjustment i think this will solve your problem.... :)

hondapol
11-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi
Something similar used to happen on the 850 which was caused by insufficient earth on the cleaner box. It may be worth checking that the bearings in this unit have a good earth.