PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7045

Michael
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
I have one with light copies !! has toner ... my question is: in diagnostics should the toner bottle turn ... never really paid any atention before ... it looks as though the toner bottle would rotate occasionally and toner is added from a sump as there are two differnt motors: one for add and one to turn the bottle -- and in diagnostics only the add motor turns ??

Any Ideas ...... Thanks, Mike

DelawareJim
02-24-2008, 08:27 PM
The 7045 does a 2 stage toner dump. The toner bottle is supposed to spin until it fills up the small area just below it. When it is time to add toner into developer, it adds it from this small area (not directly from the bottle). 47 mode 01 print should add toner directly into developer.
For light copies: clean the AIDC sensor. If it was covered with toner or whatever, that should resolve it. If not, I would change out the front door interlock switch before doing anything else. And yes, even if it ohms out ok. These switches will give you that symptom. Then, I would change developer and run an L-detect. Hope that helps, Jim in Delaware.