PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7040 Scanning Setup?

mrfuser
04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Do you know how to set up the scanning on the 7040? I have a client that just traded one in to me and it has print and scan on it, but I can't figure out how to configure the scan boxes for destinations.

Thanks

Kelly

technical
04-21-2008, 07:11 PM
In bit long ago, print out the configuration page on the 7040, get the m/c's ip address, set your pc/laptop to the same range and go in thru the web broser. from there you should be ablel to change ip range and set up scaning

Emjay111
05-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi !

Does the machine actually have the optional printer board fitted? I'd be amazed if it did, therefore the machine just wont have an IP address etc.

As for browsing the machine from a PC using IE or FireFox, forget it - this machine is just waaaay too old for that !! You do realise this is at least 10 years old, maybe even as old as 12 or 13 years.

It's quite unusual to find one that had been upgraded. Most were just basic copiers.

Check the machine actually has an IP unit fitted. It should be an IP402, or an IP411.

This is a PCB that is fitted internally at the rear of the machine, and has a single socket visible from the back of the machine, roughly centrally located on the back cover. This connector may be labelled "Video Interface".

This connector is then connected to a PC (which was usually supplied by Konica) as it had a ISA card installed which connected to the copier.

If your machine is missing one, or both, of these pieces of the upgrade, then it's never going to network print, let alone scan.

Sorry I cant really offer any more help than that.

Regards,

MJ

mrfuser
05-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Yes it has the print board, and I printed to it and it was setup at another place to scan before client traded in to us.

Thanks

Kelly