PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 Scanner + Windows Password

bobo81
06-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Guys,

Having a Bizhub working with the scanner on our network is great but whenever we change our PC login passwords we have to update it into our SMB profiles in the Bizhub. Is there a way to let the Bizhub automatically read the password from our PC? I am sick of seeing failed login authentification, even though it is almost always a change in password.

copytechman
06-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Not that I have ever heard of. How often are users forced to reset passwords? Thats a group policy that can be modified in windows server.
Regards.
C.

copytechman
06-20-2008, 07:50 PM
That would be a great feature if it is available.. I've not heard of such a thing however, it would be great to find it if it exists as such because I also have customers with the same "issue".
Reagrds.
C.

bobo81
06-20-2008, 08:02 PM
We are forced to change our passwords every 3 months however certain situations may lead to the password being changed more frequently. Plus with a company of many employees it is annoying having to update their new password in the Bizhub settings. I am sure there should be an option either in the Bizhub itself or its settings webpage (typing its IP address) which will automatically update a person's log in so it can use the scanner.

SteveBach
06-20-2008, 08:15 PM
an easy fix is create a user called scan and a password of scan so it wont interfere with the users logon and will still work.

toner-sucker
06-24-2008, 09:40 PM
That's how smb works. There is nothing you can do.
try and set up scan to e-mail

mascan42
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Sorry SMB scanning needs the password. An alternate method would be to install the KM FTP utility on each computer and scan to FTP instead. Just make sure the firewall doesn't block the utility or the port (McAfee in particular causes problems with this).

langelot
07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I concur with the last comment, except with the part about installing it on each PC. FTP is the best way to go, but have your IT guy install an FTP utility (quick'n easy FTP lite is my favorite) on the server - not the individual workstations, create one scan folder there and within it other folders for every single user (workstation). Make these folders shareable on the network and then have him create shortcuts on the individual workstations to these and voila. The advantage of doing it this way also has to do with static vs. dynamic (DHCP) IP addresses on the individual worstations. If a workstation ever changes its IP address, it still has its connection within the network to its scan folder on the server. On the other hand, if your scan folder is on the individual workstation and the IP address changes, you are in the same situation as with SMB and the password bit.

Good luck